Submissions are OPEN. Happy New Year!
Why submit with us rather than self-publishing? More sales. More connections.
Why submit with us rather than our competitors? You write what you want. You own the metadata and the edited working files. You get paid FIRST.
We are taking submissions in three areas:
Supposed Crimes – We are looking for stories that feature lesbian or bisexual heroines across a variety of genres, including thriller, paranormal, mystery, military, western, fantasy, and science fiction. Sexual content is not a requirement, but a compelling emotional connection between women should be a primary focus.
Acquitted Books – This is our “beyond Supposed Crimes” imprint, currently soliciting novels featuring gay male protagonists. Genre fiction and romances. We will also consider menage. Non-binary and trans characters are always welcome.
Anthologies - Please check our Anthology Submissions blog to see what's open.
We do not publish non-fiction or memoir-style fiction.
We do not publish Young Adult fiction.
Why publish a novel with us?
- Competitive Royalties
eBooks (epub, Kindle, PDF) the author receives 35% of net sales
Paperback (paperback, 5.5×8.5) the author receives 10% of net sales
- Monthly Payments by Direct Deposit
- Rigorous and conscientious editors who care about your story and your voice.
- Professional graphic design from your vision.
- Communication. The staff is always available by email and IM.
- Fan fiction love and fangirling. No taking down your old stuff.
- Short contracts. We publish your work within a year and retain the rights for three years. We don’t demand rights to future work, even involving the same characters. No need to sell your soul. But it doesn’t matter, because…
- Happy authors
- Actual, honest-to-God Marketing
Virtual tours, tons of reviews, cover reveals, author interviews, Facebook and Twitter promotion, press coverage, and a built-in audience. Three of our properties have sold TV or web series rights.
Want to publish a novel with us?
Please submit first 10,000 words of a completed manuscript to submissions at supposedcrimes dot com.
- The full manuscript must be at least 40,000 words.
- The characters must be 18 or over when engaged in romantic relationships.
- The work must be your own and you must own the rights to it entirely.
- We will consider previously published work if all rights have reverted back to you.
- You may submit to other publishers simultaneously.
We will also accept poetry compilations of at least 40 poems.
We will inform you within 60 days if we want to proceed. If we do, your novel will be published within 12 months of submission, with professional editing, cover design, and worldwide electronic distribution.
Agent inquiries are welcome.
Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Kobo, Apple iTunes, Overdrive, and libraries. All eBooks are offered DRM-free.
Our print shop and distribution is via Ingram.